Sunday, August 30, 2009

Romania - the land of choice

Yes! It's your choice whether to stay here or move somewhere else. I keep hearing people all around me complaining about how bad things are in Romania. Don't get me wrong, I am one of the people that wants and wishes to move abroad, but while I am here I have a moral duty to try making a difference, no matter how insignificant that may be. Not throwing your chewing gum on the sidewalk after you're done chewing it, picking up the leftovers and the trash you made when you went out for a picnic, asking for a receipt when going to the store on the corner make a difference.
Now, here's the IRONY in this situation. Although they are complaining about how bad things are, most of the people that are doing it do nothing to change the way things are. People just don't care or do not understand that the change starts from the individual and then replicates itself at a larger scale. Their motto is: If he/she is doing it why shouldn't I? What difference am I going to make if the rest are not going to change?
YES... you will make a difference as you will set an example for your children and for the ones close to you, and they will set an example for their children and so on. Make this CHOICE in the land of choice!

No comments:

Post a Comment